Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Site Design

Powered By

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Culinary School - Q6 Week 10 Latin

Menu: Mystery Basket

Summary: This week we are working with mystery ingredients and no recipes!

Food: Our menu for this week was 1 fish, 1 cup of rice, 1 cup of beans, 2 roma tomatoes, and another ingredient from the pantry. I made a roasted tomatillo salsa, frijoles negro, rice with green onions, roasted corn with cayenne pepper and cod crusted with Dijon mustard and crushed cashews.

I was really pleased with how my dish turned out. Chef said my fish was perfectly cooked. The beans were tasty but maybe could have gone a few more minutes. I cooked my rice in chicken stock to give it some flavor and I thought it was really good. The way the flavor of the salsa combined with the flavor of the fish was delicious!

Next week is FINALS!  I have really enjoyed this class. Thanks Chef!

No comments: