Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Site Design

Powered By

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Culinary School - Q5 Week 10 Garde Manger

June 6 – 7, 2011

Objectives: Practice for Final

Menu: Chicken Galantine, Pork Sausage, Salad, Canapés, Sauce or Chutney

Summary: This week is practice for our final. Another chance to perfect my Chicken Galantine and my sausage.

Food: I have now successfully skinned and deboned two whole chickens. One more to go for this class. I have grown so much since I started school. I have cooked and eaten more things that I have never tried before and found that I like them. For next week’s final I might switch things up a little with my canapé’s after the feedback I got from the practice this week. I want to do the best I can to present high quality food. My presentation skills aren’t the best, but I am learning a lot from Chef. I was so pleased with my sausage and how it turned out. Chef Jeff tried it and told me it was the best sausage he has ever had. Yay me! That is the highest compliment a student can get.

Canapes

Salad

Galantine and Sausage

No comments: