Chicken Waterzooi Soup Makes 16 Servings
Chicken, whole 1 to 3 1/2 lb
cold Chicken stock 1 gal
Sachet d'epices, prepared 1 ea
Roux, pale, prepared 3/4 lb
Carrots, allumette 5 oz
Celery, allumette 5 oz
Turnips, allumette 3 oz
Potatoes, Russets, allumette 8 oz
Leeks, allumette 4 oz
Egg yolks 3 ea
Half and half 1 1/4 pint
Salt 1 tsp
White pepper 1/2 tsp
Parsley, chopped 1/4 bu
1) Assemble all ingredients and equipment needed to prepare the recipe.
2) Place the chicken, cold stock, and sachet d'epices into a stock pot and bring to a boil. Simmer it for 45
minutes, skimming the surface if necessary.
3) Remove the chicken and let it cool down.
4) Strain the chicken broth and combine it with the cold roux and bring it to a boil, simmer the soup for 1 hour.
5) Add the vegetables to the soup and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Combine the egg yolk with the half and half. Temper the liaison with the hot veloute and add the liason to the veloute.
7) Remove the chicken meat from the bones and skin, dice the meat to medium dice and add to the soup.
8) Bring the soup to serving temperature. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper to taste. Serve, garnished with the parsley.
9) Serve as required.
10) Properly wrap, label, store, chill and rotate.