Monday, June 29, 2009
Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies
First I made a batch of brownies using my favorite recipe.
Barbie’s Favorite Brownies
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts(optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
While the brownies were cooling I mixed the filling.
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
Spread filling mixture over cooled brownies. Prepare topping.
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
Melt in microwave, stiring at 30 second intervals until completely melted. Spread over the peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve!